Fish and Chip Shop Insurance
If you own or operate a Fish and Chip Shop, it is essential that you have sufficient insurance in place to protect you, your customers, your stock, staff, building, contents, and your liability exposures.
Fish and Chip Shops are busy environments with lots of people coming and going, cooking equipment constantly in use and various food safety requirements. The additional risks associated with your fish-frying equipment make it vital that you have ample business insurance cover in place.
Take out a flexible policy, tailored to meet the specific needs of your Fish and Chip Shop. Protect yourself against damage or injury to your equipment, premises, staff and customers. You can also cover yourself in the event of having to close your premises temporarily due to an insured event, such as a fire, storm or flood.
Cover the assets, earnings and legal liabilities of your Fish and Chip Shop, ensuring you have protection against:
- Unlimited Business content coverage (Shop equipment, tableware, etc.)
- Public liability for injury or damage to the public, up to £5m
- Product liability coverage for any illnesses incurred from food or drink served at your establishment.
- Employer liability to cover any employees injuries including damages, legal costs, and expenses up to £10m
- Loss of income coverage after an incident requiring an insurance claim, from £500,000 upwards for 12-month period
- Building insurance
- Coverage for loss of drinks licence up to £100,000
- Home contents coverage up to £20,000 if your residence is at the same premises as your shop
Benefits to you
Policies are tailored to meet your specific needs and amendments can be made at any time. In the event of a claim we offer a straight forward claims process with specialist claims representatives to guide you through the process.
Did you know?
We’re amongst the cheapest in the UK and we’re backed by trusted, award winning and reputable insurance companies.
Here's a recent quote we did for a Fish and Chip Shop in Somerset:
- Contents: £45,000
- Stock: £2,000
- Frozen Stock: £2,000
- Employers Liability:
- Public Liability:
- All other standard cover:
Annual Premium: £525.50
Standard cover includes:
- Sum insured up to £5m in any one location
- Business interruption
- Unlimited glass cover
- Public and products liability
- Goods in transit
- Deterioration of frozen foods
- Employers liability
- Legal expenses
Optional cover - choose from:
- Tenants improvements
- Electronic business equipment
- Private household goods
See what we can do for you: Get instant quote